Sunday, September 6, 2009

Recap :)

helloz....after a long time...
its been some time from my last post and the world has turned upside down in this period...

the last post was dedicated to my first week in US. now i am back here in a totally new place for a totally new purpose. Let me back up a few yards and pick up from where i left off...
So I was in Austin, for a client visit, and man did it go well. I got recognized for my work, had seniors talking about the quality of work...and what not. The original plan was as soon as I return to India, I would give GRE again and get a better score. That required for me to study hard when I was in US. Well one thing led to the other and then when I returned to India, it was more or less the same situation as the last time, with less preparation. But things eventually turned out good as I managed to score more than last time around...
Then office was going at its usual pace, I decided to take a plunge into the world of graduate school applications and all. Was lucky this time around, out of 10 applied, got admits from 6, was real happy but more confused...WHERE TO GO???
After a long discussion, I decided to come to USC. It was a old decision, as it was the most costliest university out of my admits and had a big reputation associated with it. But then overall it looked a standout option.

College -> Decided, Office -> ??? so had to put in my papers...after some thought and lots of planning I resigned on may 11th, making 10th july 2009 as my last working day at CSC. Exactly three years after I joined in 2006. Those two months were a total surprise package. I never knew I would come so close to somebody legally not available :). Two of my best friends decided to get married, one went into self imposed exile...and others...well all together busy in their worlds. But when the D day came, I came to know some good things about me, when at the farewell party all of my friends started telling me stuff which i do intentionally and unintentionally. Some of it was good, some...bad, but it was like talking to a mirror. Telling you things which even you were not sure about. But as all good things have to come to an end...I had to say them goodbye...and leave Indore for good. Guys, i will never forget the time i spent with you...and i promise, kabhi bhi mile to bhoolunga nahi.

So thats about it, I came to USC on 6th Aug. And life has again taken a sharp turn here....more about that in next post...and this one would be coming soon....

ciaoz...

No comments: